Compliance Officer Wanted - Cyprus
McMillan Woods Cyprus Ltd is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join our team based in Nicosia. The candidate shall hold approximately 3+ years of relevant experience working in the compliance department under ICPAC legislation and shall hold a relevant professional certification such as the CySEC Advanced Certification and/or AML Certification. Excellent communication skills in English are a must.
- Develop and maintain internal compliance manuals, policies, procedures and systems.
- Review new and forthcoming regulations and advise how these are affecting the firms operations and shall be applied within the firm.
- Ensure maintenance of accuracy of compliance records, tests, training materials, logs, correspondence, reports, procedures, forms, policies, programs, and manuals.
- Record, monitor and respond to clients’ complaints.
- Dealing with client complaints and legal matters related to compliance.
- Monitor transactions and review trading activity for anti-money laundering and anti-market abuse purposes.
- Set-up, review monitoring reports and market surveillance alerts and escalate to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer if needed.
- Perform periodic reviews of MIFIR and EMIR reports and annual review of outsourcing arrangements.
- Work on implementing and expanding the annual compliance monitoring program with the Head of Compliance.
- Set-up, review and update Customer Acceptance Policy annually or as triggered by changes in the relevant regulations.
- Record and assess all risks arising from existing and new customers, new products and services on an annual basis.
- Carry out annual review to identify areas of potential AML/CFT risks (suspicious, illegal, unusual actions/transactions) to implement preventive/corrective strategies.
- Degree in Law, Economics, Finance, Business, or any other business-related degree.
- Approximately 3+ years of experience in a similar role is a must.
- Strong knowledge of relevant EU legal and regulatory framework.
- Relevant professional certification is a must (e.g., CySEC Advanced Certification, AML Certification).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Organised, methodical, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Disciplined and detail-oriented.
- To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to [email protected]. quoting the reference Compliance Officer.
- Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
- By sending us your CV you are giving McMillan Woods Cyprus Ltd your consent to be contacted for this and any other suitable vacancies that we believe match your skills and experience.