The Registration certificate, commonly known as ‘Cyprus Yellow Slip’, as it is printed on yellow paper, is available to European (EU and EEA) citizens who wish to stay and work or remain as visitors in the Republic of Cyprus.
The application for the issue of the certificate is submitted within four months from the date of entry into the Republic.
The Yellow Slip is issued immediately or within a maximum of 5 days. It is issued directly from the immigration unit of the city that the applicant lives and applies.
Cyprus Yellow Slip validity
The Registration certificate for European Union citizens does not expire.
The certificate for non-EU family members has a validity of 5 years, on expiry the applicant can apply for renewal.
Benefits of Yellow Slip in Cyprus include full rights of stay and re-entry, work, engage in business activities and generally entitles the holder to the same rights as Cypriot citizens.
- Application forms duly completed (will be prepared by our office)
- Copy of valid passport
- Marriage Certificate duly certified and translated *(If applicable)
- Children Birth Certificates duly certified and translated *(If applicable)
- Rental agreement or sale agreement of a house/apartment.
The rental agreement needs to be for the one-year minimum (rental agreement and a copy of it certified by Muhtar or certifying officer & stamped at tax office)
- Bank statements of a bank account in Cyprus or bank statements from abroad (if applicable)
- If working abroad to bring confirmation letter from employer and payslip
- If they are working in Cyprus:
Confirmation letter from employer
b. Social Insurance Registration and annual income certificate
c. Employer to sign the application form
- Health insurance (not needed if working in Cyprus)
It can be international health insurance if the applicant already has one or it can be made in Cyprus. The average cost is €200 for each person it can be made in 1 day.
- Two small passport photos
The documents with (*) require to be translated in English and be «APOSTILLE» OR be certified by the Ministry of foreign affairs of the country that will issue them and by the Cyprus Embassy of that Country.
McMillan Woods Cyprus Ltd
36 Pireos Street, 3rd Floor, 2023, Strovolos Nicosia, Cyprus
T: +357 22276000 | F: +357 22270807